The Bringing Baby Home Workshop helps new parents learn valuable skills to keep their relationship strong and fulfilling as a couple. By doing so baby benefits. Research has shown that babies who are raised by content couples more easily form healthy attachments. They tend to have calmer and happier dispositions. They are impacted in positive neurological ways (nih.gov) that improve their social, emotional, and cognitive development both in the short term and long term. The Bringing Baby Home Workshop is based on 40+ years of relationship research conducted by Dr. John Gottman and Dr. Julie Gottman and their associates. If you or someone you know is pregnant, adopting, or currently co-parenting an infant (0-3 years of age) please join us for a Bringing Baby Home Workshop.
Parenthood has many joys and challenges. Dr. John Gottman and Dr. Julie Gottman and their associates conducted 16 studies (Gottman) and discovered that 67% of couples become less satisfied in their relationship within three years after bringing their baby home. The Gottmans studied the struggles of new parents along with what contributed to the contentment of the remaining 33% of couples. Children are impacted both neurologically and lifelong by what they hear, see, feel, and experience from their parents. Research shows that a couple’s emotional connection to one another is the true foundation for a baby’s development.
Bringing Baby Home Workshop examines The Sound Relationship House theory which uses a house metaphor/concept model with several floors and two support walls that are key to having a secure marriage. As you attend Bringing Baby Home Workshop you will understand the importance of having a sound house and gain some valuable tools to strengthen your “house.”
This workshop format includes presentations, video clips, and many interactive activities with your partner. We cover both the content in the Gottman Bringing Baby Home Workbook and follow the format the Gottmans endorse as evidence based and effective for learning. Each couple will purchase a Gottman Bringing Baby Home Workbook which is a great resource to have during and after this workshop. This is a fun, meaningful and popular workshop. We welcome you to join us.